I have now been blogging for the grand total of 365 days and let me tell you it has been a whirlwind. I absolutely love blogging but my god has the last year been eye opening, so I thought I would do a little run down (is that the saying?) on what I’ve learnt.
- Anyone who says blogging is easy are lying. Blogging is hard work. Don’t get me wrong blogging is super rewarding and is hands down one of my favourite hobbies, but it consumes a lot of time (writing, taking photo’s, editing photos etc.). Especially if you want to produce consistent content!
- Taking photo’s is so much fun! My favourite thing about blogging is being able to take a range of photos from flatlays to fashion. It’s so much fun styling products or yourself which allow you to shoot beautiful photos that completely fit your style and theme.
- Perfecting an editing style takes time. I thought editing photos would be a fairly simply thing. Oh boy was I wrong, learning to edit requires time and commitment, especially if you want your photos to look uniform. I found this very tricky and am still always changing up my editing style! I’ve recently found a new preset I love using and I try to shoot all my photos in natural light to give the same effect! It’s definitely all about trial and error.
- If you’re not feeling it, take a break. To create content that you’re proud of you need to be 100% committed and loving what you’re doing. Over the past year I’ve definitely had times where I’ve lost inspiration and haven’t liked the content I’ve been creating or been stuck on what content I want to produce. I found the best way to deal with this is to take a break away from the online world, even if that means missing uploads, and then come back when you’re feeling more inspired. Then you will create the best content possible!
- Blogging is so rewarding! Don’t get me wrong, I’m still fairly new to blogging but the year I have been blogging has been amazing. Through blogging I have been able to find other bloggers through social media and connect with them, even if it is only through instagram. I have also been exposed to amazing new products and fashion items that I wouldn’t have found had I not been blogging.
If you’re reading this and thinking about starting a blog I would 100% recommend you do it! There is no time like the present right? I have loved blogging this year and am hoping over the next year to achieve so much more in this space. To kick start that I have recently changed up my theme to fit my style, so I would love your thoughts on what you think. I don’t want to waffle on too much so I am going to leave it there.
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
Jordyn Amber x