‘I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22!’
On Friday I turned the ripe old age of 22. Aside from enjoying a spa day, drinking endless amounts of rosé prosecco and eating the most magical chocolate marshmallow cake, it got me thinking about all the things i’ve learnt so far…
- When it comes to friends quality over quantity is better every time
- Follow your dreams because no one else is going to follow them for you
- Embrace love… in every sense of the word. Love big, Love bold, Love Life!
- You do you, there is no point trying to be anyone else
- Don’t put up with toxic people
- Take time for yourself, if you don’t want to go out then don’t (lets be honest PJ and film nights are some of the best)
- Although remember to enjoy time with the people who make you happy
- Social media only shows the best part of someone’s life, so don’t compare yourself to a stranger on instagram!
- Embrace the weather (we live in England, it’s going to rain whether you like it or not!)
- Take photos, you’ll only regret the ones you didn’t take
- There’s nothing better for the soul than belting out your favourite songs (especially if it’s a Mamma Mia number!)
- You will never regret a workout (trust me I never used to believe this one either!)
- Carbs are the hands down the best type of food.. give me all the pasta!
- You don’t have to know what you want to do for the rest of your life right now, change is good!
- Putting sunglasses on your head when your hair is up will only end in disaster
- Having savings even if it’s only a little is always useful, you never know when that rainy day might pop up
- Always take your make up off before bed
- The only way to achieve is to work hard
- Keep the hangover at bay by drinking a pint of water before bed
- Remember to take care of your mental health like you do your physical health
- Always be kind, positivity breeds positivity
- Travel as often as you can, seeing the world is magical
I feel I’ve learn’t a lot in my 22 years but I look forward to seeing what other exciting opportunities I get in the future! I also want to say a big thank you to Beth Sandland and her blog who inspired this post!
As always I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Also if you haven’t already, check out my social media as I use it to update you all on new blog posts!
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
Jordyn Amber x