I came across some pictures from my travels a couple of years back and since i’ve been lucky enough to have visited New York (NYC) twice now, I thought I would compile my favourite places in NYC and share them with you guys.
- Central Park – Central Park is one of my favourite places in NYC because it’s like a calm haven in the midst of a ultra busy city, yet there is still so much to do. Central park is huge (a lot bigger than I ever expected) so it’s easy to find somewhere to sit and relax and take in all the scenery. The best place to take in the scenery I think personally is the boating lake. I originally didn’t want to go on the boating lake because I thought it was small and a bit of a waste of money. Boy was I wrong the lake is huge and well worth the small amount of money it costs to hire a rowing boat and relax while taking in the views. *Spoiler* if you visit the Central Park in winter i’m not sure you can go on the boating lake, but a great alternative is to go on the ice rink. It’s in the middle of the park and is such a fun christmassy thing to do, surrounded by beautiful trees and scenery. Basically Central Park is amazing because you can take it at your own pace, and enjoy all the different things it has to offer.
- Times Square – Times square for me is one of the most electric places in the city. It’s vibrant all the time and really epitomises the saying ‘the city that never sleeps’. Whatever time of the day you visit Times Square it will be bustling with people (so if crowds aren’t your thing, this one probably isn’t for you) and lights will be twinkling all over the place. Times Square is full of things to do and places to visit, but I love just sitting on the steps and taking in all the lights and billboards! Just to note don’t accept anything from people standing on the street, you take it and they expect you to pay for it, even if you didn’t want it!
- The Rockefeller Center – So most people will probably say that The Empire State Building, is their favourite building to go up in the city however I have a different view. I way prefer the Rockefeller Center. You see Empire State Building gets super busy, and although the Rockefeller gets busy I would say it is slightly bigger at the top. The top of the Rock also means that you can get that perfect view of the Empire State Building and the surrounding city. Its a great place to take in the amazing views and just spend some time at what feels like the top of the world. Bonus, if you go at Christmas time, you’ll get to see the most glorious Christmas tree you will have ever seen!
- Broadway – I wouldn’t exactly say that i’m a theatre fan and quite honestly had I not been with my best friend, I probably wouldn’t have gone and seen a show. However, my friend convinced me to go and see Wicked on Broadway and it was one of the best things I’ve ever seen. The show was phenomenal, the acting and singing were great and we managed to get some of the best seats for a decent price by booking online a couple of days prior! The only reason I didn’t narrow in on Wicked, is because I would imagine all the shows are just as amazing as the one I saw and if I went again I would love to see a different show!
- Grand Central Station – Although a working train station, I love visiting Grand Central Station because it feels like something straight out of Harry Potter. It’s such a beautiful building and looks exactly how it is portrayed in the movies! You can walk around the station for free and take in all it has to offer, it even has a food hall within it, if you can figure out how to find it! The architecture of the building is my favourite, and it just looks beautiful inside.
So there we have it, a wordy round up of some of my favourite places in New York City (granted many of them are very touristy). I am however hoping to visit NYC again in the new year, so would love some recommendations for other places to visit (touristy and non- touristy), so that I can get to see some of the hidden gems in the city! I’d love some suggestions in the comments! (Food recommendations are also fab!)
Anyway, as always I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Also if you haven’t already, check out my social media as I use it to update you all on new blog posts!
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
Jordyn Amber x