I wanted to write a bit of a different post today. I recently started my full time job and have since realised just how easily time can get wasted unintentionally. As someone who often likes to chill out but also likes to spend as much time with friends and family, I often find myself feeling a little bit overwhelmed! So I thought I would give some of my top tips for managing time.
- Don’t put things off. So what I mean by this is don’t put jobs off otherwise you will end up eating into your free time. Although I am sometimes guilty of this, if I have a list of jobs to complete I do try and tick as many off, so that when I have some time to relax i’m not sat thinking about all the things I could be doing!
- Plan in time to see your friends. This may seem like an obvious one but I sometimes get so caught up in what i’m doing that I forget to actually check in with my friends. I try now to plan in time away from work to meet up with my friends and go out and do something.
- Take time out of your day to have some ‘me time’. Again sounds like an obvious one but this one is definitely easier said than done. I definitely think every person needs at least 20 minutes of down time per day to actually be a functioning adult. I know I definitely get caught up in my to-do list and end up running around all day and before I know it, it’s 10pm!
- Be efficient with your time. One thing I have learnt especially with my job is that I will never be able to physically tick off everything I need to do. As much as I would like to, it’s just not possible so I try and sort my jobs in order of importance. Get the most important jobs ticked off first and you can then tick the smaller jobs of later without stressing that not everything is done.
- Make sure you get enough sleep. I cannot stress this one enough. As someone who could easily sleep 10 hours a night, I definitely know how grouchy I get if I don’t get enough sleep. It is widely argued that most adults need about 8 hours sleep and so during the week I try to make sure that I get this. Of course this is not always going to be the case, however most nights I try to be asleep by 10.30pm. This then helps me feel fresh in the morning and ready to tackle the day!
Finally as these are some of my top tips for managing time, I wanted to leave you with one of my favourite quotes that I try to live by:
‘Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.’
As always I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Also if you haven’t already, check out my social media as I use it to update you all on new blog posts!
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
Jordyn Amber x